The original brand name of oxandrolone was Anavar, which was marketed in the United States and the Netherlands .   This product was eventually discontinued and replaced in the United States with a new product named Oxandrin, which is the sole remaining brand name for oxandrolone in the United States.   Oxandrolone has also been sold under the brand names Antitriol ( Spain ), Anatrophill ( France ), Lipidex ( Brazil ), Lonavar ( Argentina , Australia , Italy ), Protivar, and Vasorome ( Japan ) among others.     Additional brand names exist for products that are manufactured for the steroid black market. 
1. Sex hormone-binding globulin response to the anabolic steroid stanozolol: evidence for its suitability as a biological androgen sensitivity test.
2. Contrasting effects of testosterone and stanozolol on serum lipoprotein levels.
3. The effect of stanozolol on 15nitrogen retention in the dog.
4. Effect of stanozolol on body composition, nitrogen balance, and food consumption in castrated dogs with chronic renal failure.
5. An interlaboratory study of the pharmacokinetics of testosterone following intramuscular administration to Thoroughbred horses.